Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Emilie Crémin


After a Master degree in ethnobiology and eco-anthropology at the Natural History Museum of Paris in 2007, I have joined the Himalayan Research Centre of the CNRS as a PhD student. Since that time, I’m participating to a program focused on North-east India. In that project, my research is more dedicated to the adaptation strategies of societies, which are facing natural hazards such as floods and erosion in the Brahmaputra flood plain. I’m analysing the interactions between human societies and the environment as well as the impacts of globalization on socio-ecological systems. Ethnobiology is also one of my interests, as I have conducted a survey about rice varieties used by tribes of the flood plain to cope with natural hazards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment